Food Pantry is part of the community outreach at Memorial United Methodist Church. We acquire donated food and USDA commodity distribution (government provided). Food Pantry takes place the Second Saturday of each month from 8 AM until 10:30 AM to distribute. We cherish volunteers of all ages from Pre-School to Seniors. We have a place for everyone!
Recipient Requirements: At our Food Pantry we provide two types of food boxes, a Memorial Box and a USDA box.
- Memorial Box: There are no restrictions or requirements in order for you to receive a Memorial Box. All persons who come to the Food Pantry and ask for a box are eligible for a Memorial box regardless of your income or where you live.
- USDA box: In order to receive a USDA box you must meet certain requirements. USDA distribution requirements include residency in Southern Hardin County and income requirements presented at the door.
- NONE! Everyone is welcome to come volunteer to serve others in our community. (Pre-School - Seniors)
Volunteer Opportunities with the Food Pantry
- Second Friday of each month from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM for set up
- Second Saturday of each month from 7:45 AM until 11:00 AM to distribute food
Food Pantry Ministry Director: Ben Humphries, (270) 982-2883